Nervous Tissue makes up one of the four basic tissue types.
By following this topic, you will find out about the basic structure of nerves, synapses, central and peripheral nervous systems, and supporting cells found in nervous tissue.
After following this module you should know:
- The basic structure and function of a nerve cell (neuron) and what the differences are between axons and dendrites.
- How to compare the differences in components and organisation of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- The names and functions of the four types of supporting cells in the central nervous system (CNS).
- the name and function of the main type of supporting cell found in the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
- How to describe the structure of synapses.